Wednesday, December 28, 2011

5 Enjoyable Reads of 2011

I am not too picky when it comes to books, I'm just a tad bit partial when it comes to light fiction and something that is easy to read and is enjoyable. Listed below are the top 5 books I loved reading


  1.  Losing My Virginity and Other Dumb Ideas by Madhuri Banerjee- A simple coming of age story of a 30 year old lady who finds love at unlikeliest of people, the struggle to stay afloat and the discover of self. Simple and lucid the book was a treat to read.
  2. The Zoya Factor byAnuja Chauhan- Its about how a girl and her so called luck affected Team India and a country which strongly believes in superstitions and on the backdrop is the mad frenzy of a nation obsessed with winning the World Cup. Funny and enjoyable really worth a buy.
  3. The Dork series by Siddin Vadukut- About a quirky genius called Robin "Einstein" Varghese and the travels and tales of his life from a crazy but 'his' perspective.
  4. The time of my life by Cecelia Adhern-  its a simple yet endearing story about the protagonist learning to come to terms with her Life and going past her obstacles to finally live life. It's a beautiful read to say the least and the best part is it teaches a lesson or two without being preachy.
  5. Calcutta Exile by Bunny Suraiya- Bunny Suraiya's 'Calcutta Exile' evokes a bygone era of one of the most vibrant cities called Calcutta. Tracing the lives of one Anglo-Indian family in Calcutta of the 1950s, the Ryans, it paints a closely observed picture of a fast-vanishing culture. 
Other titles that I have read is In(eligible) Bachelors, Half a face by Nonda Chatterjee, Eat Pray and Love, You were my crush untill you said you loved me, No deadlines for love, Campus Cola, The Thorn Birds and scores of other titles which I am now finding it hard to recall.

Do suggest something good to read for me.

Happy Reading!!

    1 comment:

    Anwesa said...

    I recommend Amitav Ghosh's "The Hungry Tide".

    Happy reading !