Monday, June 04, 2012

Learning to let go..

Sometimes we come across a song that defines what we are going through in more ways than one...this is just one of those... its a beautiful song... it reflects the situation I'm in, more than the emotions. A relationship ends, you learn so much, more about yourself. Instead of fighting the pain the emotions ripping you apart, embracing the pain, making peace with it makes you realize that you have earned much more than you have ever lost. 

Sometimes its best it ended when it did, because it would be more painful if it continued. Sometimes you are just happy because he is where he belongs. No you dont want someone like him, he was unique, irreplaceable and will always be. Probably all you wish is that someday you learn to make peace, learn to let go of the pain and smile without flinching. You realize that love will live on, in its special way, in you, in your very existence. You will know it was good while it lasted. And that you had kept the promise to be brave, to let go without a fight when it was time to say goodbye. You will finally find being happy because he is happy and then with time, your will find new reasons to smile, to trust someone with your heart again...

Hope you enjoy the song...




Someone Like You

I heard that you're settled down
That you found a girl and you're married now.
I heard that your dreams came true.
Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you.

Old friend, why are you so shy?
Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light.

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
That for me it isn't over.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you too
Don't forget me, I beg
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead,
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead, "
Yeah

You know how the time flies
Only yesterday was the time of our lives
We were born and raised
In a summer haze
Bound by the surprise of our glory days

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I'd hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
That for me it isn't over.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you too
Don't forget me, I beg
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead."
Yeah

Nothing compares
No worries or cares
Regrets and mistakes
They are memories made.
Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste?

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you
Don't forget me, I beg
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead."

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you too
Don't forget me, I beg
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead,
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead."
Yeah 

2 comments:

RiĆ  said...

Yes its a lovely song...sometimes a song defines what u r going thru just so well!

Nik Ughade said...

Yes.. we feel like the song made for us only.. Every word in lyrics touches the heart. This song made me emotional. Nice Post. :)