Friday, February 24, 2017

Gender Inequality And All That Jazz

Okay it's about 9:24 am and I am having a bad day. Yes already! Running a temperature, sore throat and body ready to give up. So why am I not home? Well because a women gets less care and attention as compared to a guy. When the guy falls sick you are all over him, running his errands, attending to his whims and fancies, giving him to care to nurse him back to life. What happens when it is you? You do get the words, but never the recognition. I hate to generalise, I hate it, I find this attitude regressive but if I am honest to my self, I know it is a reality I am in. So this is going to turn into a rant but I guess I am allowed a rant once in a while right?

Gender inequality is totally a thing, let not anyone tell you otherwise. Just think of it, no one really turns around and scolds, okay even realizes that you haven't eaten breakfast but you, the nurturer always notice the little things, you feel guilty for not being around enough, to shower your love enough, to be there, you feel guilty even for the times, you genuinely can't be there for people. But men? They are a strange creature, even the best of them. I know there are exceptions and I am happy for those who are lucky to have these exceptions in life. But mostly men, are 'takers' or maybe the ones in my life have always been takers, or maybe i am too much of a giver. 

Isn't it strange how times have evolved now? People are warming up to the fact that women have careers and they contribute to life and lifestyle of a family, but they equality turn a blind eye to her taking up more than her share of work at home, be it cooking, cleaning, providing, or just helping others doing their thing.

Maybe it is a bad day, but maybe most women go through this, never say much and take it in their stride. maybe it is just me, maybe but maybe not! 

No comments: